Thursday, November 20, 2008

Progress

Olivia had her two month appointment today. She's growing so quickly. Her weight at her 2 week appt went from 7lb to 10lb 15.5 oz today! And, her length from 19.25 inches (yeah, the hospital measured wrong when she was born. They said 20.5 inches) to 22.5 inches today. I am amazed at how fast they grow! She did really well with her immunizations and she's happy and healthy. It's so much fun to have her!


Lucy came along for her 2 year check up (yeah, only 6 mos late!). She's also healthy a tad crabby these days, but she was so pleased that she only needed one shot - her flu shot! Didn't even shed a tear! So nice! I'm taking the other 3 in later today to get theirs...we'll see if it goes as smoothly..

Kaycee loves going to (pre) school. She is a fountain of information and has such a good time. She's never really been too trilled about writing - especially her name, but she's making progress. She cracks me up. Just this morning, after a conversation about nursing and why mom's have milk, she says "yeah, you need to feed her from both sides, or you might run out of juice." I started to laugh, which prompted her to laugh. "I mean milk." You can't not laugh when you hear Kaycee laugh.

Clay. I will never need to worry about this kid making friends - he is SO social. He brought home is first report and did great. He's "meeting learner objectives" in all his classes, and "exceeds learner objectives" in one class. Any guesses? PE. Of course he would! He's got so much energy. I saw that and laughed. This was his kindergarten teacher's comment: "Clay is very friendly and enthusiastic. He is very social as well, but he is able to control his energy when asked to." Oh good. He's starting to read now and does really well - when he's up for it! Below is his latest artwork. I love it! You may have to click on it to see all the detail. Who knew he knew that bat's were nocturnal. He received a Webkinz bat from Gma L. for his birthday and knew that it hung upside down to sleep. I love this kid!



Rylee is as amazing as ever. She also brought home a great report card. She really excels in reading - which I appreciate when I can ask her to read the other kids a story. She is such a sweetheart. She's far more considerate and compassionate than I ever was as a 2nd grader. I was impressed the other day when I asked her about a birthday party she had been invited to. She responded that she couldn't ask this boy a question about his party because one of her good friends that she always plays with hadn't been invited and didn't want to hurt her feelings. How sweet is that?! Rylee continues with her violin lessons and although she doesn't practice near as much as she should :) she still does amazingly well. What would I do without Rylee? (I certainly wouldn't have 5 kids!) :) Here is a picture of her in her play last week - The Elves and the Shoe Maker. She tended to be more shy and let everyone else stand infront of her onstage, but when it came time for her part, she was awesome!


9 comments:

Ryan Hunt said...

What beautiful, awesome kids. They are the greatest! You may think I'm biased. I don't think so. Love you guys! Keep up the great work. -Dad

Topsy said...

What a lovely update. Thank you Honey!

Maggie said...

So fun to hear what all of them are up to. I was just thinking about the play the shoemaker and the elves (I was in it in second grade) :) I love Olivia's little outfit in her picture.

Charisse said...

What a cute update. I love Clay's pictures he drew. We are excited to see you guys on Weds!

The Henwood's said...

Such a great post Honey! I love to hear what everyone's kids are up to and my kids like to read them too! Such little smarties you have! Can't wait to see you all!

Jeannie Barclay said...

How darling! I need to be better at writing about my kids individually so I can read back and remember it.
So excited to see you guys!

katieo said...

Oh so cute! I love Olivia's look in that picture. (and your Clay would get along fabulously with my Sam!)

Janelle said...

Very cute kids Honey. I'm excited for lacrosse so that I can finally talk to you again!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Your children are so beautiful. And I'm not even biased!! I love it when you spotlight each one of them. So wonderful. It is so fun to see you all in person. We love you all so much. Our only regret is that we're not closer. I like Rylee and Clay's idea "to live next door and bring Grandpa and Grandma Hunt with them!"