Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On the Bright Side


We were supposed to fly to New York this morning, but because of the insane weather back east, our flight was canceled.

BUMMER.

I was so disappointed and frankly, a little angry that after getting everyone packed, the house in order, and a crappy night-before-you-leave-out of town-sleep, we weren't hustling to the airport. All the anticipation shattered, forced to see another normal day. The kids headed off to school and Ryan back to work. Ugh.

Thankfully (and I mean thankfully) we've been able to find a few bright sides.

1. Although the earliest flight is Saturday night (after niece Mia's baptism!) we were able to change our return flight and we can stay the next week - no extra fees. Saturday to Friday.
2. The cousins out there have the week off of school - very cool.
3. The contacts (lenses) I had ordered last Thursday and paid extra $$ to ship in 3 days did NOT arrive so I'll have them for the trip now (anyone else have problems with Acuvue?)
4. Not 30 mins after school has started this morning, Rylee calls home with an excruciating ear ache. Get into the doctor and she has a nasty ear infection - that she said started when she got on the bus this morning. Can you imagine flying in incredible pain with an ear infection. Yikes!
5. Rylee will get to go to her last gymnastics lesson tonight.
6. The kids will get to go to their Valentine's Parties at school.
7. After changing my next OB appointment from Friday the 12th to the 19th, I called this morning and changed it again. (They are so nice to me). I go to the dr tomorrow. So no waiting until after the trip.

Yay for bright sides.

5 comments:

The Henwood's said...

Yeah! Way to look on the bright side! And how many there are!!! Love you guys-have fun! You deserve it!!!

Christina said...

Such a bummer that you guys miss the baptism - glad that everything else seems to be working out. Hope you have a great time!

Charisse said...

Yeah for bright sides! I hope Rylee's ear starts feeling better.

On the bright side for me: I have a date! :)

Aaron and Angela said...

That is a bummer that you will miss the baptisim, but it sounds like it is all going to work out! I'm glad that you guys still your vacation!

Jeannie Barclay said...

Good for you for looking on the bright side! I love the Honey you sign at the bottom of your post! How did you do it! I can't wait see how it all goes!