Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Month to Go!

That's right, one month to go - or there about... Friends have been asking me if I go early, or stay fairly close to my due date, or if I go past.

My answer - all of the above.

Reminisce with me here (or bear with me).

Let's see:

Rylee
Due Date: July 21 2001 (I remember all my due dates. Do you? Funny huh)
Birth Date: June 27 - 3.5 weeks early (Spoiled. I'm convinced she was prayed out by my MIL so we could fly to Denver for a family reunion. Rylee was healthy and everything worked out perfectly. We flew when she was 5 days old.)
Birth weight: 5 lbs 12 oz

Clay
Due Date: October 30, 2002
Birth Date: October 24 (one week early, membranes stripped twice)
Birth Weight: 7 lbs 15 oz

Kaycee
Due Date: June 10, 2004
Birth Date: May 28 (two weeks early - membranes stripped and water broken. Thursday night before Memorial Day weekend :)
Birth Weight: 6 lbs 13 oz

Lucy
Due Date: May 21, 2006
Birth Date: May 22 (one day late - let her come on her own - shortest delivery of all. Glad I waited.)
Birth Weight: 7 lbs 7 oz

Olivia
Due Date: September 17, 2008
Birth Date: September 10 - one week early (Induced to get enough antibiotics before delivery.)
Birth Weight: 6 lbs 7 oz.

I wonder if there's a statistical way to look at these dates and calculate when this little guy will come; early, on time, late. There's got to be some method, right? :) I plan on letting him come on his own - no stripping membranes, etc., unless I'm feeling desperate. You know that feeling when you're at the end, uncomfortable and try anything to get things going.

I guess we'll see. . .

5 comments:

Charisse said...

I think this baby will be your heaviest if he was already 4 something at 31 weeks. I say he is 8 pounds 13 ounces and comes early, but not too early.

Good luck! Love you!

Honey said...

I'd be impressed with an 8 13 baby. Wouldn't mind the early part. I was telling the dr at my appt yesterday that I was having a bunch of braxton hicks the day before (nothing regular, or painful) and she offered to strip my membranes. Holy cow. I said no. I'm not that ready, but to ask me next week - probably won't be ready then either :)

Sarah said...

I can't believe how much faster the time goes when it's someone else that is pregnant!!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I hope you are feeling good still.

Jeannie Barclay said...

I am so glad you wrote down the accident. The kids and I just read it. Wow what a blessing! What a testimony builder.

I love the wedding pictures the kids look so darling. I love the orange flowers.

We can't wait to see our newest baby cousin when he comes!
Love you guys!