Friday, February 25, 2011

To the Dark Side

My stylist friend warned me that there would be a shock factor and that it may take a little while to get to use to darker hair, but it would be fun. She warned me that some people will like it, and some people won't.

Comments from yesterday:
Kaycee was the first to see me and with eyes wide: Awww, I like your hair lighter.
Getting Henry from his crib: The saddest cries ever. He wasn't too sure for about 20 minutes.
Clay: Whoa. You're not my mom....I wish you didn't do that.
Rylee: Ha! Mine is still darker. (actually it's not.)
My favorite (from a guy at church): Wow, Ryan, looks like you got a new wife, congratulations.

Really, there are several people that like it, but with my family, I think the verdict is in :)

You tell me?
Ready?

(sorry, cheesy pic from my phone - the light isn't the best,
but you get the idea.)


11 comments:

Charisse said...

So, so cute! I love it! The comment from the guy from church made me laugh out loud. Work it girl!

Eric and Hannah said...

I think it looks great! I'm excited to see it in person!

Maggie said...

so cute. I've often wondered if I would dare to go dark. so hard for blondies. Are you just trying it out or are you planning on going dark forever? I would love to try this sometime.

AMBER said...

Pretty cute!! You can totally work it girl, you could be bald and still be beautiful!

Topsy said...

i say go darker!!!

Unknown said...

I love it - it's such a big change!

Kent and Kate said...

I think it looks good.

Lynsey said...

I think you look GREAT!!

Lanette said...

So fun and daring! I wish I could be as bold! What do you think of it...love it, like it, tolerate it?

Honey said...

Thanks for the love, ladies! I still haven't really gotten use to it - I'm finding that it's too dark, and it's getting too red/copper. Looking forward to changing soon! Up a few shades and something without any red or copper. Let's hope I can find something before I kill my hair or become the lady that is constantly changing her hair!

Flori said...

It makes you look like your mom! (who is the cutest EVER!!) My kids hate it when I color my hair too.