Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Best Way

December 2011 042

Henry Christmas morning.

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas out in Utah this year. I am always impressed with how much thought and effort go into everything my parents prepare. From meals to gifts to costumes for our ever growing Nativity cast. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t pull my camera out more, but we had such a great time. The holiday weekend we ate, we visited, we played games, volleyball (for the Championship of the World!) and we even had a talent show this year.

Another fabulous Christmas.

We rang in the New Year when the East coast did…meaning we all ended up in bed before midnight. In fact, I think I fell asleep at about 11:45. So close. I must be getting old.

New Years Day, after attending just Sacrament Meeting, we drove up to Sandy up to Sunset Gardens to visit Baby Honey’s grave. She doesn’t have her own grave stone yet, but after four years this was the first time we’d been back. I didn’t know what to expect, but thankfully I think with time, I was ready.

December 2011 105December 2011 137December 2011 142

December 2011 130

Ryan and I agreed that this was the perfect place for a family picture. All together. We will treasure those tender moments.

On our way back to my parents, we decided to stop by the place where it all began, back in 2000.

December 2011 165

The Jordan River Temple

Our first visit back since our wedding (apparently we aren’t this area very much…) and unfortunately, the gates were locked. I was happy to snap a few photos though and the kids seemed happy to see the temple their parents were married in.

This day was the best way we could have started this new year.

5 comments:

Lynsey said...

I just love the look on Henry's face in that first picture. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip and I think your family picture is just wonderful.

Charisse said...

I love all these pictures. Such tender moments.

It was so fun to have you all hear. Now I am just about to go watch Trav play.

Love you!

Lanette said...

That must have been a pretty special time for you guys. And what a great family picture!

I'm so happy you could go down memory lane again. Isn't it fun telling stories to your kids about life before they were born?

I wish we could meet up sometime when we're BOTH in Utah. Next time you're coming to town, you need to send me a note. I'll take a trip down there and you, Katie, and I will have to do lunch. Wouldn't that be fantastic!? Love ya, girl.

katieo said...

So great. Love that family picture.

and I agree with Lanette. You guys need to coordinate when you'll be down here! Lunch would actually need to be an entire afternoon together. ser.

Honey said...

Thanks, everyone.

Reece, I'm waiting for you to change your FB status. ;) You need to fill me in since I left.

Lanette & Katie - that would be an awesome afternoon! Do you remember when we got together for lunch at Lanette's, each of us with one baby - Katie you had just had Luke. My, how times have changed. :) We totally need to get together!