Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Being Brave



Ryan and I have been invited to go on the Pioneer Trek this year.
We're going to be a Ma and Pa to 8-10 youth.
When the 2nd counselor of the Stake Presidency extended the invitation, he graciously warned us that there would be two 14 mile hikes back to back.
Oy.

Not long before that, my friend mentioned she'd like to run the Bolder Boulder 10k again this year.
Thinking that would be a great way to get in shape for the Trek, I told I would do it, too.
Now, sometimes, I can talk a pretty good talk, but not always follow through with the walk - especially when it comes to exercise.
It always sounds more dreamy in the head, then I end up talking myself out of it.

Last Friday, I signed up.
The furthest I have ever run is 4.15 miles.
Don't laugh.
I think I have a picture of it somewhere, too.
I have just less than 12 weeks to prepare.

I still have this taped to my treadmill:



I got this.

9 comments:

rawhide said...

Good luck!!! I'm doing an ironman and the futhest i have ever run in 7 miles. YIKES!!! We can do it. We got this.

Maggie said...

I have run 2 full marathons and several half marathons and I say, if you can run 4 miles, you can run a marathon. Truly. After 4 it isn't as hard as you would imagine.

I think it might be the same principle as those who say,"If you've got three kids, it isn't any harder to have 8 kids"

Good luck!

Charisse said...

You can do it!! I wish I could run it with you. Sometimes I have dreams that I am running and I love it.

"The finish line is not given, it is earned."

You will do great!!

Eric and Hannah said...

Go Honey!

Honey said...

Thanks ladies! I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.

Heidi - I was so impressed when I saw that you signed up for one! You go girl!

Maggie - I will remember that EVERY time I run now. Thank you.

Reece - I wish you could run with me, too. I also have dreams when I'm running and I notice that it's happening so easily. I love it. I'm waiting for that to be a reality. ;)

Thanks, Hannah! Wanna run it, too? ;)

Christina said...

You are awesome! Wish I was closer I would come with you. And you guys will be awesome Trek Leaders.

Honey said...

Thanks, Christina. I miss you!

Danae said...

You go girl!!! You guys will be an amazing Ma & Pa!

Carla said...

Go, Honey, go!!!!! You can do it!!! :) And good luck to you and Ryan on the Trek! That'll be a great experience!