Monday, October 29, 2007

What's your favorite time of day?


I flopped down on our bed last night after all the kids were tucked in and I layed there thinking that this is my favorite time of day, especially Sunday night. The kids are quiet, sleeping in their beds, no TV, cuddling, talking with Ryan. Although he usually is lulled to sleep with my thinking out loud, just those peaceful moments were I can count my blessings and reflect. Too often I find myself rushing around trying to meet the demands of the day, hushing children that are bickering, and some days just trying to find an "escape" and not giving much thought to what a great life I have.

Do you find moments in your day for reflection? What's your favorite time of day?

4 comments:

Charisse said...

I have two favorite times of day. One is when Eric gets home and we put the kids to bed and we have our time. Another time is when I put Ashley down for her morning nap and Blake is watching his two favorite shows and I watch Oprah while I am on the treadmill! Do I sound selfish or what. I do really love the blessing I have to be home with the kiddies. I love them!

Topsy said...

That is seriously the most awesome picture I've ever seen. You should enter it in a contest of some kind.
I love the evenings. Brett usually works until he is exhausted then he flops into bed to welcome sleep. I've been exhausted all day, waiting for him to come to bed. So I flop my leg over him (because his legs are hot and my feet are always cold) then I start talking about anything and everything. It drives him nuts, but I know that if I stopped doing it, he'd miss it. Anyway, who gets into bed to sleep?
Love your entry Honey! Love getting to know you better! I almost feel like I have a sister for the first time in my life.

Christina said...

I like quiet time, it doesn't seem to come at a consistent time every day. But that's the time of day I enjoy!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

I love it when Dad comes home. I love mornings too. . . especially Monday mornings I love to put the garbage out. There is something so satisfying about gathering up all the trash and being done with it. (Weird I know). When we lived in Regina I remember sinking into the couch as we were about to read scriptures together and thinking this is my favorite time of day - the dinner (supper) was all ready and everyone was together (except Jeannie at Rick's). It was great. Now I love to cuddle up to Dad on our bed (I love our bedroom) while he 'flicks' or we are both on our laptops. It's great. I also love it whenever we are altogether. We have such a great family. We are sooooooo blessed. Thanks all of you. We love you.