Thursday, November 8, 2007

Our Sweet Baby

Sadly, we remove our baby counter as our baby girl was delivered yesterday at my 20 week mark. It was on Monday when we found out that our baby had no heart beat and had probably died some two weeks ago. It was my worst fear confirmed and the anticipation of having to deliver this tiny infant was unbearable. But, we truly feel blessed. We have felt the love and peace of the Savior in a tremendous, unexplainable way. Our family and friends have been here for us and we cannot express how much this has meant. As we held our tiny, 2.7 oz little girl, we were overwhelmed with love. She was only 7 inches but still, a perfect little body. What a miracle! How we wish we could keep her and have her in our home, she will always be in our hearts, a part of our family, our little Honey Mary. We drive out to Utah tomorrow to bury her little body with our Grandpa Carlos Rodriguez on Saturday. There is some comfort knowing that little Honey will be buried near family, perhaps watching over her. I'm sure there will be rough days ahead, perhaps even months or years. It states in the chorus of the song that I was named after "And Honey, I miss you, and I'm being good. I'd love to be with you, if only I could." We know that our baby girl is well and safe, waiting for us to join her. We love you, baby Honey, and we long to be with you.

11 comments:

Christina said...

We have been thinking about you a lot this week. Many prayers have been said on your behalf. I wish we were closer. We love you.

Maggie said...

Our hearts go out to you and your family. I'm just sitting here crying. What a heartbreaking loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.

Topsy said...

We too have been praying for you. It is the only thing that my children will add to the memorized breakfast prayer while their cereal gets soggy. We wish we could be there with you. We will keep praying for you.

Charisse said...

Your strength amazes me. Thank you for sharing your sweet experiences of your sweet Honey Mary. She will be always be remembered and loved. Honey we miss you. We love you.

Ryan Hunt said...

We love you and your sweet Honey Mary. It was so touching to be at her burial and feel so much love for her and all of you. We wish there could be something to give or say that might fill empty hands and empty spaces in all of our hearts. Sometimes the hardest times in our lives give us the greatest understanding of what more there is in store for us beyond this life and how important it is to be the best we can. Like Ryan said...no empty chairs! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry guys...I was using Ryan's computer and it posted as him! (See the above "Ryan Hunt" comment)

coloradoeaston said...

We are sorry for your lost. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. I have always admire your strength and ability to cope with trials. May the Lord bless you.

Anonymous said...

Honey how my heart aches for you and your family. I know and I can say I know exactly how you feel because it was only 2 years ago that we lost our baby girl Kylie at 24wks. Somedays the pain is unbearable but how blest we are how blessed you are to have the gosple to help you through my thoughts and prayers are with you my love. Amber

Jeannie Barclay said...

It was so good to see you all. We are still praying for as you said you will probably have sad days ahead. You are blessed to have one saved already and waiting for you. Your own little guardian angel! Love you all tons. We'll be calling and checking in on you! Love ya

Marcie said...

We love you guys so much. Know that you're in our hearts and prayers. I wish there was something that we could do to help take away some of the sadness that you're feeling. Know that we are here for you, day or night, if you need someone to talk to. We'll be checking on you often. All our love.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

We're so greatful to have another Honey in our family. So sweet and pure and precious. We pray for you always and we love you all sooooooooo much. You are such a beautiful and strong couple and little family. The Lord will bless you. We love your example and want to do what we can to help with your suffering. Thank you for your beautiful insights at the graveside service. We will check on Honey Mary for you just like you did the Michigan babies. We love you and miss you. Only 5 weeks to Christmas day. Yeah!!!!