Friday, April 18, 2008

Sweet Baby Gracie

As I have confessed earlier, I check out strangers blogs, (also known as blog stalking) and I take full responsibility for it. Anyways, my friend had a post about this sweet little baby and I have been checking in on baby Gracie for about 2 weeks now. Gracie is (now) a four week old baby that was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, a serious heart defect. She will require 4 open heart surgeries before she is 4 and her parents have done such a wonderful job monitoring Gracie's progress and sharing it with strangers - like me. You cannot go to this blog and not want to read from the very beginning and see the strength, faith and courage of this family! They truly are amazing! Not once have I read of them complaining about what they're going through and the difficult journey ahead. What a wonderful example of faith, trust and inspiration! You can check out this amazing family's blog and see baby Gracie. Such a precious baby! Click Here

6 comments:

Jeannie Barclay said...

Holy weddings! Everyone looks so beautiful! Taven's heart was backward also. I remember seeing him so little with all those monitors. He'll be on heart medication for the rest of his life. He also needs to take it easy on his heart. Love ya

Charisse said...

So I read bits and pieces of that blog, it is so touching! My eyes were so watery that I could barely read. I can't imagine having a baby in the NICU for that long. Six days was really hard. I am so glad that she is doing so well. A couple of posts they were talking about PICC lines and that is what Blake had in his head for 10 days. That family is amazing!

Maggie said...

I also read parts of the blog.It's amazing when you think of all the things that people go through... and sad. What a lucky Gracie to have such a strong, loving, and supportive family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey Livingstone Hunt. I was reading your blog and it made me want to cry. I am so sorry you lost a little girl. I can't think of anything harder for a mother to have to do. You sound very brave. I am happy you are pregnant again.

The reason I am leaving a comment is because you said to. I read blogs all the time. They are so addicting. I feel like a bit of an intruder, but they are always so fascinating and sometimes uplifting. They put life in perspective, either, my life isn't so hard or at least I am not as crazy as that person. LOL.

I was thinking about you and I remember a funny Honey story. When you first moved to Calgary me and my mom stopped by. You stepped on my mom's foot and asked, "Does that hurt?" She said no. So you did it again harder and asked again. Again she said no. The third time you did it really hard, I think you jumped on it and my mom said, "Yeah, that really hurt." You shrugged your shoulders and walked away as if, "Mission Accomplished".

You were always so cute. I can't believe you are all grown up. I guess that means I am all grown up too and then some. Have fun in Colorado. Our family lived in Parker for three years and I would move back tomorrow. Strongest members ever.

Good luck!
Heather (Rosenvall) McKinlay

PS Could that have been any longer?

lisset said...

hey honey! just wanted to stop by and let you know how good it was to see you all at ms. carla's wedding and to finally let you know i've been stalking your blog :)
thanks for posting a few pictures of mr. and mrs. green's big day!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Hey Honey,

Tayven had heart problems, but not hypoplastic. We do, however, have another nephew who is now 4 1/2 with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. It's scary how common it is. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are the MOST amazing people and have endured their challenges well. Spencer (our nephew) has undergone at least 4 surgeries with the possibility of a heart transplant in the future. He JUST got out of the hospital after a 4-month stint and will have to go through extensive physical therapy because he had several strokes during the operation. These types of challenges happen to the best of people, so at least I can take comfort in knowing it won't happen to me. It's sad to see the little guys stuck in the hospital for half their lives.