Grandma, Rylee and I went to work planning a Jungle Safari birthday party. Grandma found fabulous decorations, party favors and a fun monkey pinata (and so much more)! Ryan and I geared up for the games and food with really no clue of how many kids would actually make it. I must say we were a little surprised to find that 20 kids were able to come! We planned about 8 or 9 games in the backyard and thanks to amazing aunts and uncles (Carla, Kyle, Aaron & Angela- you are all angels!!) the party was a huge success! Unfortunately, a funeral took Gma and Gpa to Idaho, but we are so thankful for all of their hard work (and Gma Didi's too) in making Rylee's party such a fun time.
Needless to say after all the kids left, we were all pooped! We had no idea that having so many kids for only 2 hours would be such hard work!! It was all worth it though to see Rylee and her friends having such a great time. (I think though that we'll have the 'friends parties' every other year!) Thanks again to everyone that helped us out - we couldn't have done it without you, especially Grandma!
We tried to snap some pics, but it was such a whirlwind that our camera didn't make it out for most of the party. I'm pretty sure Angela got some more.
As if we didn't have enough going on yesterday, it was also the annual dumpster day in our neighborhood. Six commercial-size dumpsters are brought in and everyone in the neighborhood can come and dump all their junk. And boy, did we take advantage of that! Ryan got up at 6:45am to load our old windows (14), old carpet, about 8 contractor bags of drywall, and wood siding (from the windows) that had been sitting beside the house for almost a year now. Luckily, everything fit in to the back of the truck (only allowed one car load) and Ryan was off by 8:15am to wait in line and dump it all, just across our cul de sac. Thanks to dumpster day, we no longer will have to rent our own dumpster until we re-do the kitchen - yay!


9 comments:
Those are some awesome piles of trash! Sounds like Rylee had a wonderful party, man I wish our kids could have been there. It sounded wonderful. Nice to have such a fab backyard to have the party and young married to help!
I am so glad that Rylee had such a great turn out! That is so fun! That would be exhausting to have so many little kids there, but great for Rylee. Did she get some fun gifts? Man, with that many presents you could have stashed some for her birthday and Christmas! Your truck looks awesome with all that stuff. I bet it feels good to get rid of that all. I'm excited to see you in 12 days! Love you!
Lucky girl Rylee! I bet you got a lot of great things! I hope your dad didn't put anything into his truck!
Honey, as a regular reader of your blog, will you please change the color scheme? It is so difficult to read...
What a fun party. That is one big pile of trash. I have one almost as big in my garage.
I haven't seen Rylee in a long time. She is getting so big and she is really beautiful!
Katie
WOW!! What a fun party! I wish we could have been there. That pile of trash is amazing - my trash-throwing-away sister Emaily would be proud (one of her favorite things is to get a dumpster and clean house.) And I thought it was just my computer, but the black background is a little hard to read.
I must say, I love the yellow background!
How nice that must have felt to get rid of all that junk! I can't believe it all fit in and on your truck, way to load Ryan! And your kids are sooo cute, happy birthday to Rylee and Lucy!
Post a Comment