Monday, June 16, 2008

A Happy Father's Day

Not quite sure we'd be able to get a nice breakfast for Ryan ready Sunday morning before church, we opted to give him 'breakfast on the couch' Saturday morning. Although he was up hours before we were for his shift in the baptistry in the temple, he enjoyed his french toast and strawberries surrounded by little helpers.

Later in the afternoon, we went to go pick up Ryan's gifts. I thought of picking up what he wanted by myself with the kids, but when it comes to buying bike stuff, I'm a bit clueless as to what's good and what's not. Here is Ryan with Lucy modeling his new helmet.


It was a nice relaxing Sunday for both Ryan and I. Ryan usually holds down the fort on Sundays while I have meetings and visits for Relief Society. So this Sunday, all our meetings were postponed until next week. I'm pretty sure this was Ryan's favorite part of the day:


Now, he usually doesn't sleep with his "shades" on...perhaps he was dreaming of the beach...?

I love my husband! He is such a great man and a fabulous father to our children. I'm so grateful for how hard he works for us and making our life the way it is. I appreciate the love and care he dedicates to our family. We are so blessed because of him and we love him so much!!

I have been very blessed in my life to be surrounded by great men! My own dad is amazing also and I have really looked to him and his example growing up and into my adult life. His faith and diligence are spectacular and the love he has for not only his family, but for mankind in general is pretty spectacular too. The same can be said for my father in law. I am so blessed to have a wonderful father in law to whom we love, appreciate and respect.

And not to end there - I was blessed to grow up with a fantastic brother! I have really appreciated his example over the years and I am so proud of him and his accomplishments (not the 27 stitch scar down my face so much, but I still think he's pretty neat).

I have wonderful brothers in law too. 10 so far! I'm so grateful that these men are a part of my life and I love each one of them too. Our families are filled with strong, noble, men of God and for that I will be forever grateful. I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day!

2 comments:

Topsy said...

I love that handsome man, passed out on a red floral quilt. So MANLY!

Charisse said...

Cute pics! Glad to hear you guys had a great Father's Day.