Monday, August 11, 2008

Did you know...?

These are some of my recent findings:

Okay, did you know:

1. You can substitute bananas for eggs in a cake mix?

2. You retain water when your not drinking enough? (because your body thinks it's dehydrated - which it probably is.)

3. Drinking the adequate amount of water per day (for your body weight) can help you lose weight?

4. You get about 20% of the water you need each day from the foods you eat?

5. You can power wash an area rug (be careful with certain materials) and the stains will come out beautifully?

6. A mouse can fit through a hole the size of a dime? (our poor neighbors.)

7. High hormone levels can cause oily skin? (this is driving me nuts! I've never had this problem before.)

Have you found anything recently?

6 comments:

Christina said...

You can make your own sweetened condensed milk:
In the blender, place 1/2 of boiling water. To the water, add 1 cup of nonfat dry (powdered) milk, 2/3 cup of granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons of melted butter and a couple of drops of vanilla. Put the top on the blender and blend the mixture on high speed for about 30 seconds or until everything is smooth.

Jeannie Barclay said...

I love all the did you knows. Very interesting! I love all the pictures I haven't looked in forever. Your a very good picture taker! Jordan loves clay's lacrosse picture's and wishes it was him playing! Love ya lots!

Topsy said...

I SOOOOO could have used the banana trick yesterday when I needed to make Nathan's birthday cake and we didn't have any eggs :)

Janelle said...

What were you reading or watching to get all that random information?? It was all cool stuff to know.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

You are sooooooo smart. I love the bananas for eggs thing. Love you all.

Maggie said...

Hey, interesting facts, and cute pictures too. I've been catching up and reading all the things I've missed. I'll call you sometime soon- my dad got your number but got distracted on the phone before he gave it to me. Anyway, hope to see you and talk to you sometime soon.