In baby news, things are certainly starting to get more interesting. 37 weeks today and visited the dr:
1. 50% effaced, 2 cm - yay progression! (Also, the best news of the visit...)
2. another ultrasound Friday to check fluid levels - and I thought drinking all this water would help with that, not just swelling and water retention! The Dr. just wants to be sure it's not getting lower.
3. no growth since last week - hmm...still measuring small with the tape. Not a huge concern though right now, but still not too good that I didn't grow any!
4. and finally, the more depressing news - I tested positive for Strep B! WHAT?? This is definitely a first! If no baby before 39 weeks, we'll most likely be induced to be sure we get antibiotics going before baby heads into and out of the birth canal to prevent her getting it and possibly being very sick. My sister, Reecy, her first was born Strep B and her little guy was so sick. We hope and pray everything goes smoothly.
Has anyone else tested positive? And how did it go?


11 comments:
Cute pics! That is so exciting for Kaycee to start preschool. Blake is sure excited.
Once you think you are in labor, go get on the meds. Ashley was fine and my water broke with her. Good luck and keep us posted.
I'm always strep B. no biggie, they just put antiobiotics into your IV when you deliver. Reecy had a problem only because her water broke and they stripped her membranes and the strep b got to the baby.
Cute pictures. This baby is going to come so soon! Sorry about the strep b thing. It sounds like you're making good progress though. Good luck.
How are you going to do all the running around to drop the kids everywhere they need to go with a new baby? I hope that Ryan gets to take some time off.
Hope that labor and delivery goes smoothly - you are so close!
Strep B is no big deal most of the time! I didn't have it with my first, but I did with my 2nd - I totally freaked out too! They just gave me some antibiotics during labor (and I was still able to labor naturally, thank goodness) and everything was fine. Abbie was born at 37 weeks, 5lbs, 8oz and was perfectly healthy. No worries!
Hooray for preschool! Kaycee looks so excited. She is such a little cutie! I'm glad that you are effaced and dilated, very exciting! I hope all is well with our little baby! I'm sure that thinks will be just fine with the strep B because you know about. Love you!
I'm so sorry about the test results. Those kind of things always make me nervous, but remember, they test so that they can better protect your babe! Hope all goes well.
I was strep b too. I just had to make sure to get to the hospital quickly. You have to have 2 doses and they have to be four hours apart. Other than that, it wasn't a problem. They did strip my membranes, but as long as my water stayed intact, it was fine.
Kaycee is adorable in her pics, what a big girl she is. I had Strep B with Joseph and it was fine, they hooked me up to antibiotics once my labor started. I can't wait to meet your new little one.
Yeah for KC Woo!!! What a big girl you are! Sorry I can't help you with the Strep B I don't think I ever had to deal with that...at least due to babies I don't remember! I may have with Tanner but he had so many other issues after he was born that it wasn't the biggest of my worries since he didn't get it.
I had no idea you had this! Bummer. Hopeully all goes well with the induction. It's amazing what you can learn about someone in your own ward from their blog. Ha! Ha! Hang in there.
Post a Comment