Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting Ready



Last night, for FHE, we carved one of our pumpkins. Thank goodness for Ryan's artistic abilities as it would have turned out much differently had I done it. The kids enjoyed scooping out the 'guts' but as soon as Ryan took the knife to it, Lucy freaked! "Don't hurt a pumpkin - stop, Daddy, stop!" While we appreciate her sensitive nature, we quickly reassured her the pumpkin was okay.

Lucy exclaiming "no"

As you can tell it turned out great! Again, though, once the lights were off and a little tea candle was put inside, Lucy freaked. "It's scawee, it's scawee." The lights were turned back on and the pumpkin - now jack-o-lantern was ready to go back on the porch. Apparenltly, in the process, Rylee, Clay or Kaycee, made a comment of hoping the house wouldn't burn down leaving the candle lit. So while the jack-o-lantern sat outside, Lucy was so concerned and kept exclaiming that the pumpkin was going to burn the house down. Poor Lucy. We'll see how the carving goes next week with our other pumpkin.


While Ryan sketches out the design, Lucy decides to take a couple licks...uh...

10 comments:

Charisse said...

Lucy is so funny! She seriously reminds me of Eric. He is super duper safe too. I love the big bottle of hand sanitizer too. Your pumpkin turned out great!

katieo said...

Oh that's hilarious! That little Lucy cracks me up. Luke had a similar reaction when he was younger. He thought Aaron was scooping out the pumpkin's brains. (because Aaron had to go all mad scientist on the kids) totally freaked him out.
That was like 3 years ago and he still isn't totally comfortable with it.

Natalie Warner said...

What a cutie, that little Lucy. Fun family night and great pictures.

Aaron and Angela said...

That is one impressive pumpkin!

I also have to say that I just love Lucy! I could just imagine how adorebale she was. I wish I could have seen it.

Christina said...

I love the glimpse at Lucy's personality - too funny!

Topsy said...

I love little lucy. She has the cutest little face and mouth in the whole wide wide world. Can I take her home with me. I promise I'll give her back.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

That is soooooo darn cute!! Lucy (and the pumpkin). She is so adorable and so are all the rest. How is Olivia? Could you post a picture for us to see . . . please? Love you all soooooo much.

Marcie said...

What a darling little Lucy! It has been forever since I've had a chance to look at your blog - little Olivia is such a cutie pie! Wish we lived closer so that we could run over and give her smooches!! Love ya.

Unknown said...

OHH My goodness that is incredible!! Your kids are so very talented. I'm impressed how thorough they all were with the ink. Pumpkin carving is so fun. I can just hear Lucy saying "No." Love you all!

Carla said...

Oh little Lucy! I can hear her saying that. How adorable!