Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessing Day

Olivia was blessed yesterday. Here she is in all her cuteness.




We were grateful to have my parents, Ryan's parents, (brother) Aaron & Angela and (cousin) Paul Carlos and Mandy here with us. It was a wonderful time. Thank you to all who came out and participated!

Olivia with Gpa H the evening before.
(She's not sad with Gpa, she was just very hungry - but mom had to get some shots!)

Olivia with Gpa L.

Of course, whenever Mom and Dad L come into town we have to tackle a project. Here is what Ryan and Dad tackled Saturday (AFTER fixing a toilet downstairs!)

I should have taken a before picture of the banister, but it was a dark walnut stain with only one post and wooden balisters (spindles). Not too sturdy either! Each hole for the balisters had to be drilled and then square shaped with the jig saw. These boys worked long and hard.

And doesn't it look great?! We still have some more balisters to put in, and stain the wood (to match the floors), but it's certainly more sturdy than the other one. Nice job, gentlemen!

And here's a little project me and my mom did (while waiting for dinner to cook before our guests arrived). It's on the wall in the dining room as you're heading out the front door. We thought it would be cute to add a little dingle berry thing, maybe a branch or leaf thing to it...we'll see if I get around to doing it.


10 comments:

Ryan Hunt said...

Wow, that railing looks awesome! Even if I do have to say so myself.

Ryan Hunt said...

Oh, and Olivia is adorable.

Christina said...

Cute baby. Cute Banister. Cute sign.

Wish we could have been there.

Charisse said...

Olivia is adorable. I love her little face in the first picture. Your banister looks great. Honey, you need to just go around your house and take pictures, your house looks so cute. Love the sign.

Megan said...

I love those railings! They are the exact ones we put in at our house. You have great taste!

Anonymous said...

Looking at Olivia, I think I better go exchange her present for a bigger size (sorry, it has been hanging next to Eliza's for a few weeks now....) What size is she right now?

Honey said...

Rebecca, she's still in 0-3, but they're starting to fit, so, I would say 3-6 mos. She goes in for her 2 mos appt on Thurs - it'll be interesting to see her stats!

Janelle said...

You guys do such great work with all your home projects, I can't believe you do that with your cute kids there. Happy blessing day to Olivia!

Humphries said...

Olivia looked beautiful in her dress. Wow the new banister looks great! I love the vinyl over the door, what a great reminder for those not so fun mom days:)

Jeannie Barclay said...

Olivia is so darling! I can't wait to hold her! Aren't are parents the best ever! The bannister look so good! I can't wait to see you guys!