Lately, I'm finding that to be so true! Not necessarily with just one of the kids, but it makes me smile.
Example #1:
Last year I had this comment left on my blog from a gal that I knew growing up in Canada. It isn't something I remembered, but figured I was about 3 or 4 years old. Here's a snippet:
I was thinking about you and I remember a funny Honey story. When you first moved to Calgary me and my mom stopped by. You stepped on my mom's foot and asked, "Does that hurt?" She said no. So you did it again harder and asked again. Again she said no. The third time you did it really hard, I think you jumped on it and my mom said, "Yeah, that really hurt." You shrugged your shoulders and walked away as if, "Mission Accomplished".
Nice. As a mother, I'm embarrassed thinking "what a brat!" but then I laughed to myself and thought "I could totally see Kaycee doing this."
Sure enough, only a few months later, Kaycee did it. To poor, unsuspecting Uncle Spencer.
Example #2:
Example #3 - This one really made me smile.
This Sunday, Rylee will sing her first solo in the Primary program at church. Would you believe that she's singing the same song - Beautiful Savior - that I sang as my first solo in a Primary Program?! I was a couple years older than she is and she sounds amazing! Wish you all could hear it.
Example #4
Did you ever play church or primary growing up? Reecy and I always did. We'd sit in our pew (the bottom wooden step) and hear/say the talks. Then move to the fireplace for Primary.
Just this past week, I could hear Lucy and Kaycee playing. When I came to sneak a peek, Kaycee was up on the fireplace teaching and leading the music - ah, such fond memories. (The picture was taken on a different day, when they were dancing.)


8 comments:
all very very cute.
This post made me laugh! Clay is a good climber and Olivia is such a good helper.
Isn't it fun seeing yourself in your kids? Yours are all adorable! Rylee is going to be amazing in the primary program!
Such cute kiddos...just hope the facial scarring incident isn't 'replayed'! Love you guys!
Can't wait to see the Primary Program on Sunday!!!
Great post, Honey. That story about stomping on that lady's foot is hilarious...thinking about YOU doing it is even more funny! Nice one. Oh, and Dave's okay...now. He went over a crazy edge at the sand dunes on our 4-wheeler. he has a fractured pelvis, ribs, sternum, bruised lung and sore pride. He's doing okay...barely walking, but okay...thank goodness.
whoa Lanette...guess I need to go check your blog...
Anyway, Honey, loved this post. Thomas did the dishwasher thing, too. Playing church is so cute. It's so fun to hear how your kids are like you.
They are all such cuties! Wish we lived closer so we could give loves to everybody! We're excited to see you at Christmas. Love ya!
Post a Comment