Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orange Julius, anyone?

6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup milk
(or powdered milk)
1 cup water

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-2 cups ice (about 10 ice cubes or so)

1. Combine all ingredients in blender adding ice one at a time.

I just made this for the kids. It's been years since I'd had one - we used to make them growing up. Thought I'd share. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I always use powdered milk when I make these because it helps me use up all the powdered milk that I have for food storage, since powdered milk is one of the only things that doesn't last for 25 years!!

Lynsey said...

Yummy! I haven't had one of those in forever. I luv the new pic you put up, it is super cute. :)

Charisse said...

Orange Frosties! I need to have my kids try these, thanks for the recipe.

Honey said...

Sarah, we'd use powdered milk growing up - so glad you can't taste the difference. I have some in my pantry, but I think it's been over 5 years now...oops. Glad I hang onto it...

Reecy, I thought we had called them Orange Frosties! Maybe I should change the title...?

Maggie said...

We just made these when we were in Utah. Love 'em.