Monday, April 5, 2010

For My Mom

(Warning. More projects. I promise I have pics of the kids to post..they ARE still around.)

The week before last the kids had their Spring Break. The kids and I snuck over to Utah while Ryan stayed home to work (and get snowed in). We had a great week (Monday-Friday) although the camera didn't make it out...oops.

Anyway, while we were there, my mom made new covers for my patio cushions. Bless her heart (and Ryan's heart) I was so tired of looking at these.

About two years ago, Ryan was helping a family move and called and asked me if I wanted a patio set. I told him no thanks, yet he still came home with it. We've enjoyed the set although we all knew it needed some updating.

So this past week, it's now been changed to this.


Thanks, Mom! I love them. (The fourth chair is half painted, but perhaps will be finished today. We'll see. The wind wasn't cooperating!)

While the wind blew I knew there was something else I could do. Between laundry loads on Friday, (and after 3 visits to the fabric store on Thursday) I sewed these.

Isn't this fabric fun? So worth the three trips.

Friday, I also picked up these plastic buckets from Target for .99 each. (Can't beat 99 cents!) I added the kids' names in vinyl and they'll hopefully last until next year - although I'm hoping MUCH longer.

Every year I would look at the fun Easter baskets but couldn't bring myself to buy the baskets that were $7-10+ each! This will certainly do.

Alright, that's it for projects. I really will get back to posting about the kids. I promise.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Honey! I love the cushions, baskets, and the patio furniture looks great! Can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Christina said...

so cute!

katieo said...

I love seeing the projects!
(makes me feel normal ;)

everything looks great!!

The Henwood's said...

LOVE IT!!! They turned out GREAT! I LOVE the buckets too- so darling!!! We have been through several a basket through the years-our kids get paper bags now :/ Love you guys!!! Smooches!!!

Maggie said...

They all look so great! Nice work.

Charisse said...

I left a comment a few days ago, but I guess it didn't show up.

All your projects look awesome!
Love you!