. . . when it doesn't feel like there's much to blog about . . . Let's see . . .
We rang in the New Year over at the Hunts with good food and games. In the night, poor Lucy threw up all over herself - twice. Fun. Between Henry and Lucy waking in the night, I didn't get to sleep until about 7:30am and then I had the barfies, too. Ryan's stomach was queasy all New Years day and we skipped out on Church on Sunday. We just waited for more to fall, but thankfully no one else did. And would you believe there were a couple bright sides to being sick? I was able to stay in bed and be sick for TWO days - thanks to a fabulous, responsible, and helpful 9 year-old and husband. Moms rarely get to BE sick. It's usually business as usual but feeling awful. Another bright side was finishing our blog book for 2010! Yippee!
Clay earned his bobcat in scouts. To those of you with several sons or who work with the scouts, my hat's off to you. Holy cow. I find this whole scouting thing so intimidating. It makes me wonder too if they let non American citizens even work with Scouts...I'm hoping not. Isn't that awful?
I have an insatiable desire to re-decorate my house. From new colors and furniture, changing out the toss pillows to building a mantle for our fireplace. It was somewhat calmed the other day when I started moving furniture about in the living room. Stupid living room. There aren't really any good ways to mix it up. Dang it. Micki, will you come and decorate my house? I love her house. It's so calming, warm and inviting. It's no wonder her favorite part of vacation is when she gets home. How cool is that? I love that. I don't think I've ever felt that way. Ever.
We figured out a couple weeks ago that Miss Rylee has read over 3700 pages since August. Whoa. I'm pretty sure that's more that I've read in the past several years. Before Christmas, she finished the last book of the Percy Jackson series. Go Rylee.
If you ever get the chance to ride in our van - scratch that. You wouldn't fit in our van. Anyway, if you ever pass us in the car, we're probably rockin' out to this:
Our most favorite soundtrack ever. Have you seen this movie, yet? You must. L.O.V.E. it. I went and saw it with some girlfriends on my birthday and then over the Christmas break we took the kids to see it. (Thankfully we have some major hook-ups and were able to see if for free - it would have cost over $50 to take the fam. How ridiculous is that?).I'm 3 weeks into Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Holy killer work out. It gets easier though, well, until you move up a level. This week I started level 2 (I actually like level 2 better than level 1, Reece) and I'm pumped to see results. I'll hopefully move to level 3 mid week next week! After the 30 days then we'll talk training; Training for the Whidbey Island Triathlon. I know, crazy. I wanted to do a triathlon before I turned 30, but Ryan messed that up when he said "I think there's one more." But, right away, I knew he was right, and we sure love our sweet Henry. So this summer it's IT.
Speaking of sweet Henry, he's just a couple lbs shy of weighing more than Olivia. It's interesting having a tiny two year old and a big almost 6 mos old. I know, I can't believe he's almost 6 mos either. Dang it. Look at how cute he is, too.


5 comments:
Afew things on my mind from this post: I want to see pics of Micki's house, I love calm-feeling houses, does she blog? Als, I'm excited to get my hands on the Tangled soundtrack. Still haven't seen it yet, ach, dare I admit that? And, WHITBEY ISLAND!? Why are you going to WA for a race? Aren't there enough in CO? I, too, want to do a triathalon, but I'm afraid of being drowned by super-swimmers. Good luck. Gosh, you're my hero! Glad to read a new post, you're getting lazy on me, Hon, or, just living a happy life. Either way works for me. Love you!
I wish I would have seen this before talking to you. I didn't know you have been doing shred for 3 weeks, that is awesome! Are you getting shoulder definition? Love that. I will let you know what I think of Zumba tonight.
Lanette, I have the same feelings about a triathalon. I can do a pretty mean doggy paddle though. :)
Lanette, I wish Micki blogged! She has fabulous taste and interior design experience (classes).
The only reason why we took the kids to see Tangled was because I loved it so much - the animation and music are amazing! We're usually ones to wait until it comes to Redbox :)
Ryan's brother (and his family) lives up on Whidbey Island and my SIL, Christina, did it last summer. It gained such popularity that it's going to be the focus of the annual Hunt Family reunion. Honestly, I'm not afraid of the swimming, it's the running part that has me terrified. And finally, I DO need to blog more... just trying to get my groove back :) at least to blogging 1-2x a week.
Reece, can't really see definition in my shoulders yet, although hefty Henry is helping with that, too!
Hope you enjoyed Zumba!
The running will be a piece of cake. There is one hill at the beginning and then it's easy - way easier than the Lone Tree run.
And I don't feel like I've got swimming skills, but I survived! The wetsuit is the key for me.
Way to go with the Shred workout - I am impressed. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!
Sounds like tons of fun over there! Well, except for the throwing up. That's never fun. Way to go on the workout! Keep it up! Miss you guys! Love you!
Post a Comment