Monday, May 14, 2012

Checking In


 I had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday. I am so blessed. I hope you had a lovely day, too. 

Our weekend was a little crazier than usual. Spring time is here and so are the birthday parties. Rylee, Clay, Kaycee and Olivia had birthday parties this weekend. Of course, the kids always love birthday parties, and I'm finding May is turning into December with all the gift giving around here. We've got two more parties this weekend - not to mention, Lucy's birthday coming up next week and Kaycee's birthday and baptism just days after.

And who can forget all the year-end activities and teachers' gifts at school! May is busy. This week is our last week of school so it means activities galore. I've got every single thing penned on my calendar to make sure I don't miss a thing, or forget anything I'm supposed to bring to these said activities. Sure hope our bank account holds up. ;)

Ryan and I were able to make some great head way in one part of the backyard. We built a bit of a retaining wall and have been able to level out our greatly sloped yard. I'll finish the rest of the leveling today and I think we just might be able to get the play-set up and running tonight. The kids have been patient and I can see the hours of play throughout the summer. We're crossing our fingers for no broken bones or knocked out teeth - Henry has already learned to climb up the ladder to the tower. Next purchase: buying a baby swing that he hopefully won't be able to get out of... who are we kidding.

Oh, the joys!






1 comment:

Debbie and Bobby said...

This is such a cute picture Honey! It takes real talent to get that many little to stay and smile. At least in our family it does :o)