Thursday, April 11, 2013

True Friend

I can think of several instances where things have been put in my path exactly when I've needed them. What a tremendous, tremendous blessing. 

Just over a year ago, one evening as I was putting the littles to bed, I knelt by their bedside completely discouraged and in tears. I had never felt so badly about myself. It had been building for years. I was tired of not having my body cooperating with me since Olivia was born. My feelings, my self-image, seemed to be all over the place and I just felt awful. I wanted so badly to feel better about myself. It was a major internal struggle for me. I tried to not let it bother me, but it was more than just my vanity. I didn't like the way I felt about myself. I didn't feel like my care-free, fun, self. Something was weighing me down (literally!).

Within two weeks I was sitting in my friend's living room learning about Energy Profiling and Dressing Your Truth.  It certainly wasn't a light-bulb moment then and there, but I found I couldn't stop thinking about it after. I went over to another friend's house to re-read the Types three times - I had to figure it out. Another two weeks went by and I just couldn't get past it. I watched everything I could online and even tried to figure out the Style Guide/Colors myself. It wasn't enough. Finally, on Valentine's Day, Ryan encouraged me to buy the course. Perhaps he was tired of me hemming and hawing about it, or simply the discouragement he knew I felt about myself, but he told me to go ahead and do it. It was a chunk of change ($199) and I was sweating a bit as I bought it, but as soon as I did, I absorbed everything I could. I still do.

I was hesitant to post this again, but I've hooked some of you :) and I know there are some of you out there that have felt how I have. So here goes.

Dressing Your Truth is having their True Friend sale. You can check it out HERE. You can also learn your profile for free if you're not ready. DYT is all over the internet/youtube. I love learning how your type affects the way you get angry, the best tips to reduce and eliminate stress, best parenting and even your body shape tendencies, and skin! Everything. I love it. (Let me know if you'd like the links to those.)


So there you go.
Thanks for letting me share. again. :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'm soooooo glad you shared this and keep sharing it! It has brought so much enlightenment and freedom for me. Just knowing I don't have to be what I thought I was supposed/expected to be; and I'm okay to be me because that is just what is in my nature... opened up a whole new world of acceptance for myself. (hopefully that makes sense.) Thank you, Honey! And I am so glad you found it and have found that peace too. Love you!