Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Snow Angels


So, am I an awful mother if this is the first year that my kids have been fully equipped to be in the snow?? It's not that they haven't played in snow, it's that they haven't had snow pants to play in the snow with. I don't even have a good excuse as to not having gotten them them earlier, like if I had lived in a warmer place where we didn't need snow pants. Nope. So, just this last Friday we were venturing around Target and "stumbled" upon snow pants. I have wonderful memories as a kid playing out in the snow with Reecy after school in the dark. It was a great time! I've realized though, that I think it is (or was) only in Canada where they actually sell children's winter coats with ski pants, combined. That would really help with the whole matching idea also! During our move, we also 'misplaced' our bag of hats, scarves and gloves...these were the best we could come up with. Anyway, here are the kids fully enjoying the snow.



Lucy's not sure of all of this outdoors business. I think she liked her snow pants on better in the house.

6 comments:

Charisse said...

Lucy is a crack up! I think I am with her and not liking the cold. We are excited to see you guys on friday. We would have come earlier but Blake has a dental appointment and I set up my visiting teaching for tomorrow. Hope you guys have a fun safe trip tomorrow. Love you guys!

Livingstone Family said...

I love your pictures, I have to agree about not fully equipping my kids with the full gear until this year. Maybe it's because we finally have a yard to play in the snow in? We couldn't afford it all at the same time, so Maggie is still squeezing into some boots two sizes too small! Lucy cracks me up, I love her picture and especailly the gloves. I haven't put Josie out there yet, we really should go sledding while you're here, if there is snow-- you're lucky, we just keep waiting!

Topsy said...

Nathan said to write, "I love you cousins and I miss you so much. I wanted to come over to your house someday and play. Dear Nathan."

Christina said...

So cute. Can't wait to see you all in person!

Maggie said...

So cute. I love the pictures and don't worry, I think that I might have only had snow pants because there were so many kids before me. Hope you guys had a merry Christmas.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

You guys are soooooo darling. It looks like you are having so much fun. We miss you so much. It was so fun to have all of you hear. Rylee you were so brave to go sledding down Grandpa's dangerous hill. We hope your cheek and ear are better. (You're right Honey - if they hadn't sold the jackets with the snow pants you may not have had them either!) We can hardly wait to see you in Feb. Love you all.