Thursday, March 6, 2008

Brand Loyalty

I was listening to the radio last week, and the dj's were asking people if they were loyal to certain brands and if so what, or if people could go generic for most things. I first thought, yep I'm a generic person - really whatever is cheaper. However, as they continued talking, I realized that there are a few things I cannot buy the generic brand of. Here goes:

1. Mac and Cheese: it must be Kraft. Anything else just doesn't taste right.
2. Tissue/Kleenex: Puffs with Lotion. I will not buy any other kind, as all other brands just tear up your nose. Puffs all the way!
3. Diapers: when my babies are first born it's Pamper's Swaddlers all the way. They're so much softer than anything else. All my babes have used them.
4. Laundry Detergent: I haven't found a generic brand yet that I've liked. I prefer my Arm & Hammer.

I'm thinking I'm doing pretty good if I can buy generic of everything else. Some of you may be thinking "aren't some things generic or brand name actually made in the same factories though?" Probably the mac and cheese, but I don't care. It still must be Kraft.

Do you have brands that you are loyal to? Or things that you absolutely will not buy the generic brand of?

4 comments:

Charisse said...

I am sitting here in the office with the door shut a little frazzled from my children, Eric will be home in 20 mins!! I am glad that I have a new post to comment on. I am a total brand name snob when it comes to three things: 1)Face wash, lotion, astringent HAS to be Clinique, 2)Laundry detergent has to be Tide. 3) Paper towels have to be Bounty- you can use way less because one is so effective. I am with you on the Kraft mac and cheese. Eric got that job and starts after finals! I am so proud of him!

Topsy said...

Kraft Macaroni all the way! And I just tried my first Bounty paper towel and I too might be hooked. Love ya Honey!

Maggie said...

I don't know that I've seen generic toothpaste, but I always get Crest. I also use tide, and I totally agree with pamper's swaddlers for new babies. Sometimes quality is worth paying the little extra.

Sarah said...

I have to say, I don't htink Kraft mac and cheese is the same as the generic. There's now way. There's nothing that even comes close. For pretty much everything else in the pantry I can go generic, but I could never let go of my Kraft Dinner!