Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Today

Our Easter Sunday was a nice day. I was a lot more emotional that day hearing talks in church about death, mortality and the miracle of the Savior's resurrection. I attribute the emotions mostly to throwing up since 4 in the morning, feeling weak and having to participate in two musical numbers, but I hadn't realized that baby Honey would have been born so close to Easter. It was a pleasant reminder of our Heavenly Father's Plan.

This morning KC came into our bed about 10 mins before Ryan's alarm was going to go off at 6am. As I rolled over to make more room for our guest, I was surprised that my mind immediately remembered the date. Today is my due date. It's not like I had forgotten, I knew it was coming up, but I think I was hoping that I would just float through they day, maybe remembering later on. Just moments later, the flood gates opened and so many feelings and emotions that had settled came rising to the surface again. I was certainly not expecting this reaction, and found that although time was healing our hearts, it wasn't hard to be sad all over again.

A few weeks ago in Sunday School, our teacher was asking us about faith building experiences. She began giving us some examples and mentioned to mothers when they hold a new baby in their arms, if they see gimpses of eternity and other great experiences. My eyes immediately welled up and I thought to myself, it was when I was holding a baby that I couldn't have right now that allowed me to see a glimpse into eternity.

I love that we have a Heavenly Father that has a great plan for us. That although we may not understand everything now or how things are going to work out, we know that in the end, everything will be worked out. I love that my kids still speak of baby Honey and how much they miss her. I love how this experience has changed our perspective. I love the picture that hangs over our bed of a little girl securely embraced in the Savior's arms. I love His compassion. I love that I'm okay with letting my emotions go when I think of our sweet, little baby. I love our baby, Honey and I hope we can see her soon.

9 comments:

Charisse said...

I have been thinking of you guys all morning. Thank you for sharing your feelings and experiences. Because of this experience the Lord has given you the gift of sincere compassion for others that have gone through the experience or will. My favorite quote is by Elder Maxwell, "Whatever the heartache, the Lord will compensate." We love you guys!!

Charisse said...

I have been thinking of you guys all morning. Thank you for sharing your feelings and experiences. Because of this experience the Lord has given you the gift of sincere compassion for others that have gone through the experience or will. My favorite quote is by Elder Maxwell, "Whatever the heartache, the Lord will compensate." We love you guys!!

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing your story and your strength. I think you are amazing. We will be thinking and praying for you guys today.
Lots of love.

Maggie said...

What an uplifting post for what could potentially be a huge downer day for your family. I'll be praying for you. I'm strengthened by your faith and am grateful for another chance to reflect on the true meaning of Easter, the resurrection, and eternal families. We love you.

The Henwood's said...

We still have baby Honey's little announcement on the wall above our phone so that we remember her everyday. We sure love you guys and admire your strength and determination to follow the Lord and the plan.

Humphries said...

I have been thinking about you and your family all day. Thank you for sharing your feelings and strength. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you guys!

Topsy said...

What a sweet and strong entry. I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience, at least how difficult it must have been, but grateful for you faith and endurance.

Jeannie Barclay said...

It was very heart warming to read your thoughts and see how your faithfulness is caring you through. Aren't you so glad we have the gospel in our lives. We sure love you guys and admire your strength in such a heartbreaking experience. Love you all bunches!

Marcie said...

Thank you for sharing with all of us. What a special family you are. Those are the first pictures I have seen. We're so grateful to have such wise and loving members in our family. It's a blessing and comfort to have the knowledge of the gospel and to be forever families. We love you and have you in our prayers.