
I tried to photograph the evidence, but it isn't working. Last Saturday, Ryan had a lax tournament that started with their first game at 7:30am. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this on here, but he's coaching the freshman team over at Littleton High School. It's his 3rd year coaching there and his 6th year total coaching high school lacrosse. Anyways, back to my story. He's coaching that morning and I'm hustling getting the kids ready so I can drop them off to Ryan while I attend our Stake Women's conference. Anyways, in the hustle and bustle of it all, what do I space? The sunscreen. I drop the kids off at 9:30 and return at 12:15 and stay to watch the last game at 1. By now it's probably 70 degrees. We get home and realize how pink we all really are. The kids aren't bothered at all by their sun exposure (and have since then turned all nice and tanned), yet Ryan and I are completely laid up! This is the most red I have ever seen Ryan and my legs. We were generously putting aloe (with lidocaine) on our legs, but I'm telling you that feeling anything against our skin was almost as unbearable as just standing up. It felt like the muscles in my legs were going to break through the skin. Ouch!! Ryan was so sore he was only able to make it to Sacrament meeting because of the difficulty it was not only walking, but to have pants and socks on. Anyways, our legs are still bright red and it's been 4-5 days after...I have never had a sunburn stay this long and I'm afraid there may be some damage there.
I was thinking yesterday, I wonder if this sunburn has anything to do with the lotion I had put on that day (Vaseline Intensive Care - Firming Lotion). I don't usually put lotion on my legs unless I'm wearing shorts or a knee-length dress, as I was on Saturday. Anyways, just now, I look on the bottle to find:
Warning...Sunburn Alert: This product contains alpha hydroxy acid (aha) that may increase your skins sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
Nice. Who reads labels for lotion? Anyone?
Anyways, Do we remember sunscreen now? You bet! (It's our lacrosse/park bag.) Hope it doesn't happen again...Ryan and I have definitely learned our lesson!


6 comments:
Hey Honey, have you tried vinegar? It takes the heat out of the burn and doesn't sting at all. That stinks that you got burned so bad. I have that same lotion and the print on the back is tiny. You totally have me checking the Gledhills blog at least twice a day! Today I left a comment so I didn't feel like such a blog stalker. She spoke about pumping and I had to comment. Hey if you are around tomorrow I will give you a call. Let me know what is a good time. I know you are super busy! Love you!
Nice post!! I feel your pain. Who knew that the sun was so strong that day? The sunscreen is now in our bag too. Now I just need to get the hand sanitizer in the bag and I'll be set too.
OUCH! I do NOT like sunburns. I did that at the pool a while back- just my legs I forgot to slather-thinking I would let them get pink and them put on the sunblock-yes I forgot because they were in the water and never did look very pink while there...BIG MISTAKE! I couldn't even move for 2 days and it was pretty bad for several days later! My sympathies! Also being pregnant I've heard makes it easier to burn...maybe that is contributing too! Love you!
Sorry about the sunburns. I hate getting a bad burn. I need to keep sunscreen in my car or diaper bag or I almost always forget it.
So so sorry for you both.
We've been caught like that before. My car always has a stash of sun tan lotion, bottled water, wet ones, and ER supplies in the trunk.
Ya, lets talk about that for a second!!! On Saturday we were in
St. George having a BBQ and lying by the pool. I FRIED the crap out of my legs! It was so horrible that when I got up that night to help Berkley I almost threw up. Brackon had to take care of her. I felt so sick not to mention the fact that standing on my legs was crazy pain!!!! I felt like I went to sleep and woke up with skin that didn't fit around my legs. I swore my skin was going to bust open. I am still burned, but now it itches like mad! I truly feel your pain! Love you guys.
Post a Comment