Friday, September 12, 2008

The Deets..

Our Brood!

Everything went really well. I got plenty of antibiotics (although not much sleep) Tuesday night and then started the pitocin at 5 am Wed. The dr. came and broke my water at 8:50. It wasn't until about 11am that I started having regular 'productive' contractions. I labored as far as I thought I could go, and luckily got the epidural just in time to start pushing. I had just gotten the epidural and was adjusting myself back in bed when I had a feeling I hadn't ever had before - the actual urge to push. It seemed so fast. I had Ryan push the button for the nurse. Sure enough, her head was down and I was complete. After about 10 mins waiting for the dr, we were ready to go. About 4 pushes and Olivia was here!

I am really happy with how everything went and honestly, so glad that I was able to relieve most of the pain, even if it was for only 30 mins. GLORIOUS!

We came home yesterday to a bit of chaos as everyone wants to be near and hold baby Olivia. I think it was after about an hour of being home - I almost (almost!) wished we'd stayed at the hospital another day! (is that bad?) Little Olivia is such a doll, and although she had a rough night last night, she seems to be doing better today and will hopefully sleep tonight!

Olivia, ready to come home!

Meeting the fam:



12 comments:

Charisse said...

How fun! She is adorable. I love her coming home outfit, so cute. She is tiny. I hope the adjustment to home life with 5 goes well. I almost died with 2. You are amazing. Your kids are so blessed to have you! Love you guys!

Livingstone Family said...

Oh, she looks like such a little peanut, I can't wait to meet her! She definately looks like a little Hunt, so cute! What a good example you are to the rest of us to be such a good mom. I'm thinking maybe we'll drive out in Oct sometime. Maybe just Micki & I (and stay with you) or John & I & the kids (and we'll hotel it). We'll work it out with you later. Rest up while you can and take care, hope everything goes well. LOVE YOU BUNCHES!

Humphries said...

She's a cutie! I love her coming home outfit. I'm glad to hear things went well with the delivery. What an amazing family you have. Hope your getting some rest and let me know if ther is anything I can do for you.

Al said...

Congratulations Honey and crew! Such a blessing for your family after a tumultuous 2007. She's adorable and going to fit right in the Hunt clan!

Topsy said...

What on earth is around Clay's face? She looks beautiful and don't feel bad, I thought the same thing. It was stressful keeping the older siblings from clobbering Baby J. Oh well. They survive!

Maggie said...

Such cute pictures. I'm glad the delivery went so well. Looks like you have a lot of willing helpers around. best wishes!

Debbie and Bobby said...

congrats Honey and fam! I hope Olivia will have a better night and you can get some sleep too!

Christina said...

She's so little and cute! So glad that you were happy with how everything went. Enjoy your little helpers. Love you guys!

The Henwood's said...

Yeah more pictures! I haven't checked lately until just now! What a sweet pea! Can hardly wait to see everyone in person! Love you much!

Marcie said...

Oh, what a little doll. Sweet little Olivia has no idea how many cousins and aunts and uncle are just dying to smooch her sweet little baby checks! She's beautiful you guys. I'm glad that everything went well with the delivery. Your kids all look so much older next to your cute little addition. As a matter of fact I thought that your picture with all of the kids together was neighbor friends called the Deets! I'm so lame! I was thinking, who cares about the Deet's, we want to know about you and Olivia! Yes, I'm such a winner aunt to not even notice her own nieces and nephews!! If it's any consolation - I recognized Kaycee! Must be the tegeratol!!!

hilarybiddulph said...

you have the cutest family!!! Let me know if you need anything...

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

i meant to comment using this blog...have a great week!