Thursday, September 18, 2008

A New Look for Fall . . . or Life

There's nothing like getting a note home from your child's school to let you know that he/she may have vision problems. At least someone catches it though right? Luckily, the school does these screenings and last Friday, Clay came home with a note. To be on the ball, we scheduled an appt the next day. Sure enough, our little man gets to (gets to - like it's something fun..?) to wear glasses. I had Ryan text me the options of the glasses Clay wanted to get. Rylee had gone along also, so I knew Clay and Dad weren't going to get some crazy pairs. Anyway, here is the new look Clay is sporting now.

Pair #1


Sorry for the fuzziness, here are pair #2 (You know, he reminds me a little of the boy in Meet the Robinsons - especially when his hair is spiked up a bit.. Don't you think?)


From Ryan's phone, these were the ones he actually really wanted to get. Unfortunately, after a good laugh, Mom said "no." Poor guy, to have such a mean mom!

7 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

Oh, he looks so cute! I'm glad to know they would send a note home. Both our kids did the vision screening and we're still surprised neither one (so far) needs glasses. I got my first pair in 1st grade, and with John they don't have a chance! Clay also kind of looks like the kid from Jerry Maguire. So grown up!

Charisse said...

I love his glasses! He looks darling. I wish I looked as cute in my new glasses. The pair he wanted to get are exactly like Dwight's from the Office. So cute!

Aaron and Angela said...

Clay you are so handsome!

Topsy said...

so adorable. I love the robinsons kid. Clay I'd adopt you in a sec sporting those shades! Which ever ones you pick, be aware they will likely be replaced in a month. I was pretty hard on my specs as a teenager. Can't imagine your bustin tough Clay man!

The Henwood's said...

So handsome Clay! Marcie and I helped with the Vision Testing at our school and I was surprised at how many kids you find...I keep waiting for my own kids since I was in third grade when I got my glasses but then I think Ben is the only one in his family without glasses-so who knows! Love you! More Olivia pics!?!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Clay you are sooooooooooo handsome!! Can you see lots better now? I sure do miss you. I just want a big hug and to give you some tickles. I miss everyone else in your family too. Are you still being a big helper for Mom and Dad. In case all of you don't know Clay helped lay the carpets too! He had on his work clothes and boots and gloves. Such a big helper. Love you all and miss you sooooooooooooo much.

Al said...

Dude, he would have been Dwight Shrute in those last glasses!