There are so many things I seem to forget about a newborn baby until we have a new one in the house. These are just some of my favorite things (in no particular order):
1. When their pacifier seems to take up half their face.
2. When you pick them up and they arch their backs and stick their little bottoms out (love love love it!).
3. When they finish eating and have milk on their face.
4. When they're startled and their arms are 'frozen' upward.
5. When they're laid down and their little arms flail about honestly believing they're going to fall. (so sad)
6. When they get worked up so hard that their little voice starts to tremble and shake (so sad too)
7. Their sweet little smiles when they're dreaming.
8. When they're fast asleep yet they open their eyes and roll them around.
9. The sweet smell of their baby breath.
10. The smell of their little heads.
11. Little bug or crossed eyes with their mouths in a perfect little circle.
12. Their tiny little bums and the tiny little diapers that go over them.
13. And finally, how perfectly their little body fits on my chest with their teeny head nestled under my chin.
Whether they're your own or not, there's absolutely nothing like holding a brand new baby, fresh from Heaven!
What are some of your favorite things?


6 comments:
Ashley is loving the picture of Olivia. She is sitting on my lap say,"baybay, cute baybay." I love all the things you said about newborns, I also love watching their reaction when they have a real bath for the first time.
sweet,sweet,sweet! Can't wait to hold her (someday). ooooooooooh, baby hungry? I think so.
Oooooh, I love all those things! I can hardly wait to see her again. Miss you all and love you all sooooooooo much. Love G&G, Mom and Dad.
Cute, Cute Baby! I love when they sleep all curled up on your chest, and the first time they look at you and realize you are their mommy with that great big smile.
She is so precious! I love baby yawns, and their little clingy fingers when you put your finger in their hand! So many things to love!!! Love you all!
I luv luv luv the way they push their bums up when you hold them. I wish they would do it longer. That time goes so fast and I never seem to capture it on camera. But even if I could, it just isn't hte same when you can't snuggle them in close after giggling when they do it.
Post a Comment