I've been doing this since high school, when we lived in Michigan and these birds weren't hard to find (and thanks to my friend, Katie, who told me the actual name of this bird).This is a chickadee. They have a distinct whistle/call. When I was probably 15, I learned that if I could echo these birds just right, these little chickadees would come find me. And, they'll get as close as they can to you, too. (Hence, the reason I would be run screaming back in the house as they'd swoop down near my head! As small as they are, I'm still pretty sure they could do damage - maybe peck your eyes out!)
Whenever I hear these birds, I echo their call and try to see if they'll come find me. Just yesterday (and then again this morning), a little chickadee came and found me. I try not to torture them too much watching them fly back and forth between two trees. But, when they start to swoop down at me, game over.
So, the point of the post is when you hear or see a chickadee, see if you can get them to come to you. (or maybe I just have a gift...like Snow White, Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty..) :)
Give it a try. It's pretty neat!


5 comments:
I'd say you are more of a Cinderella.
Or maybe Giselle from Enchanted!!! I thought I had a bad day-you had a bad WEEK!!! Love you guys!
Honey, I love you! This post is so "Honey"! You made me smile!
You're going to have to demonstrate that for me. I don't think I can mimic a chickadee! I can do the doves/pigeons but not sure about chickadees! That is so fun...my fav is Snow White from Shrek 3 AHHAAAHHAHAAAAHhhhhaaa!! :)
your friend Katie? Was that me? Do i know what a chickadee looks like?
Post a Comment