staples and ribbon.
A couple Sundays ago we decided to Celebrate the Land Up North in honor of Canadian Thanksgiving the following day. So pretty last minute we thought it would be fun to invite some friends over.
Each family brought a dessert (extra points if it was Canadian-related) and we had a good time. We uncovered some myths about the Land up North, and collectively (no help from me) named the 10 provinces and 3 territories.
I didn't think to pull the camera out until the evening was over so I didn't get a chance to catch the lovely desserts and goodies which included, crepes, maple leaf cookies - cut by hand!, mini Hawaiian pizzas with what Americans would call "Canadian bacon", cupcakes with the nation's flag on top (made by yours truly) and the dessert that really made the evening festive:
A personal victory for me making them and them tasting awesome! (Recipe here)
It was a great evening and we hope to carry the tradition on for many more years.



4 comments:
Looks like fun! I love your decorations!
What a fun party - next year we'll have to feature it on Frankly Entertaining! You're awesome!
It was a lot of fun! And now I am so much more knowledgable about canadians. Can't wait till next year. I think I'll buy an actual maple leaf cookie cutter next time :)
Totally missed this! Love the banner.
Thanks for such a fun weekend, it was great. Thanks for getting me to try on those jeans. Even though it was a total struggle. :)
Love you guys.
Post a Comment