Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 22 - Enter Ryan

I actually don't know anything about Ryan's birth - except he was born on a Sunday. I didn't want him to feel left out on the birthday series this year.

This past week, I've thought a lot about what the important things in life are and how things can change in an instant. I still follow the blog of the sweet little family that lost their dear wife and mother. I'm not sure why I it seems I am so drawn to tragedies of strangers, but I find that it never hurts to get those reminders of what the truly important things - and people are.

Last Sunday, I found out that the wife of the first counselor in our Stake Presidency had taken a turn for the worse and that doctors treating her for ovarian cancer for the past 4 years could do no more. She passed away yesterday. She turned 54 this year and welcomed a couple grandchildren. Truly a remarkable woman leaving behind a remarkable family. My heart hurts for them and I pray for their peace and comfort.

My mind wanders to what I would do without my family; what I would do without my Ryan. It's not hard to tear up. I love him. As cliche as it sounds, he is the love of my life. He is what's important to me. The promises we've made to each other, the promises that extend beyond this life are what's it's all about. (I feel uncomfortable when people write mushy things about their spouse on their blogs, so I'll stop.)

Ryan, I adore you.
Happy 33rd Birthday.
I look forward to forever.
With you.



No comments: