Thursday, October 6, 2011

September 10, 2008 - Enter Olivia


When we brought Olivia home from the hospital, I sat on the couch with all the kids around admiring the new addition. I questioned myself for a moment if I shouldn't have spent one more night at the hospital. I turned to Ryan and said "wow, we have a lot of kids."

Not that going from 4-5 was a big difference, I'd definitely say that 2-3 rocked my boat, but 5 looked like A LOT.

It was almost a week after my mom had left, when Olivia was about 10 days old, that I was on my death bed. Ok, not my death bed, but I've never felt more sick. I couldn't move, I had a fever and chills and my head felt like it was going to explode. I couldn't swallow or eat and sitting to nurse Olivia was the most energy I could exert. It wasn't until the third day that I went in and found out I had strep throat. I wasn't my first time, but that illness always got the best of me. It was awful. Call me wimpy, but I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Especially after a new baby.

We were delighted to have a new baby though, especially after a tumultuous 2007. Sweet Olivia Reece. I think she's been the most blogged about with my pregnancy and delivery. Remember?

Three years have flown by. And, just like the rest of her sisters at this age, she's full of spunk and spice. She's still pretty iddy biddy - the smallest 3 year old we've had, but definitely has a big personality. She's so fun.

Happy Birthday, Sweet girl!


5 comments:

Jeannie Barclay said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! Love you guys!

Danae said...

3 years old--WOW! She is such a cutie! I love that baby picture.

Carla said...

Happy birthday Olivia! We sure love you! Can't believe 3 years already. :)

Maggie said...

So cute. They grow so fast.

Charisse said...

That is the cutest baby picture of Olivia.

Cute pics of Ryan and the kids.

Love you!