November 7, 2007
Well, my little one, you were delivered to us at 1:32pm today. It has helped immensely to have you here. After all the pain I have expressed, I would be remiss to not express my relief and gratitude.
We have been strengthened beyond belief. We have been blessed by great peace. When you were delivered, the nurse had to untangle you from the cord that wrapped around your leg, across your chest and around your neck three times. You poor little thing.
It was a great comfort to Mom and I to hold you, cradle you and love you. We will always love you, but it was a comfort to hold your fragile little body and rock you gently.
You have beautiful little fingernails and tiny little toenails. Your limbs and body are perfect. Your sweet face still holds a little resemblance of the glow you would have had.
Please don't think less of us because of our relief. We love you and find great comfort that you are well now.
We will call you Honey Mary; our sweet little one.


3 comments:
That is so sweet and tender, Honey. I think it's awesome that Ryan is a journaler. I'd love to have another perspective of our lives through Ben's eyes. Thoughts of Honey today. Love you.
Thinking of you today. You and Ryan are such great examples of enduring faith. Love you guys!
Oh GEEZ. I think I choked three times reading that!!! And now I've gone teary eyed blind!!
Post a Comment