Saturday, October 18, 2008

Husband Tag

My SIL Mindy tagged me and I didn't want to pass up the chance to let you all know how fabulous my Ryan is. (I tried to post pics, but it wouldn't let me...I'll keep trying.)

1. Where did you meet your husband? I met Ryan on a blind date. He was my sister Reecy's boyfriend's high school lacrosse coach who was also attending BYU. I was living at home and had no social life (whatsoever!) and told Eric (the boyfriend - now my BIL) to set me up. Ryan called me a couple days later.

2. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for 11 weeks (not months, weeks!) before we got married. We met the middle of May, got engaged July 1 and married July 29.

3. How long have you been married? 8 years this past July.

4.What does he do that surprises you? He can do anything and everything! I am always amazed at what he can do (except for buying a car without my permission - that surprised me. But, we won't mention that..) He's also good at bringing me treats.


5.What is your favorite feature? I love Ryan's chest. Really. He's got a nice chest. And, I love his hands too. They're always warm and soft (I didn't mean to copy your answer Mindy. It was a good one). Much softer than my own. And, I love his calves. He's got some sweet looking calves. Okay, so that was more than one feature.

6. What is your favorite quality? Ryan is very generous. He is so good to help anyone and everyone out.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? Hon, or dear (we sound like a 50 year couple).

8. What is his favorite food? Ryan is a mean griller. He loves meat - good meat, grilled to perfection.

9. What is his favorite sport? That depends, he's got a few. Lacrosse - watching or coaching, Wrestling - watching and he'd like to coach, and then college football - USC Trojans and BYU Cougars.

10. When and where was your first kiss? Our first kiss (and his first kiss) was a month after we met and knew we wanted to get married. It was on my parents couch in their living room. Ironically, he'd ready my dad's story The Sacred Kiss (in an EFY book) as a teenager and followed his advice - Ryan saved his kisses, just for me.

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We like to rent movies. So, after all the kids have gone to bed, we pull out the goodies and enjoy a good flick.

12. Do you have any children? I'm not sure how to answer that when people ask me now. I usually just say 5, because we have 5 at home, but really we have 6. I'm not sure how much people care to know about me and often times I don't like to share that experience casually with strangers or just in passing. So if you know me and our family, and you hear me say 5, we haven't forgotten, it just seems easier. Sorry, that was really long.

13. Does he have any hidden talents? Ryan is incredibly talented - it makes me sick! :) He's athletic, artistic, musical, culinary, mechanically (cars) talented and is so intelligent. In flipping this house, he has become a painter, a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter, a dry waller (is that a word?), a window replacement-er and the list goes on. He does it all. He can even sew!

14. How old is he? He'll be the big 3-0 on Wednesday!!

15. Who said "I love you" first? He did. It had only been about 2-3 weeks since we'd met and started dating. He was so cute!



16. What is his favorite music? He seems to enjoy every type of music, especially the kind I make him listen to. :)

17. What do you admire most about him? He is so stinkin' smart! (he married me, right?) :) If he doesn't know something, he learns it - then he teaches me. He's so ambitious. I can't wait until he can see his dreams become reality!

18. What is his favorite color? I don't think he's actually ever declared one. He does own a lot of blue though..

19. Will he read this? Yes, because I'll tell him, I mean, ask him to.

20. Who do you tag? Like Mindy said, whoever would like to pay a little tribute to their husband. (all of you, right?)

5 comments:

Charisse said...

Cute post! I love all the pics. I made my blog private now, I hope i put everyone's email in right. Thank you so much for all your help! Love you guys!

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

Yeah Ryan!!! We love him too. Ditto to everything you said Honey. We got blessed with the best DIL and SILs in the whole world. Love you all sooooooooooo much.

Christina said...

I agree, Ryan is awesomer!
-Jason

katieo said...

I knew none of that stuff. (and the stuff I DID know, I had forgotten...) So fun to read!
and number 19. There's a lot of that going on around here, lol...

Unknown said...

So this is a bit late, but I'm in college....that's an excuse right? Anywho-I love you guys! Ryan is one of the best big bros I have and could ever ask for. Thanks for being so awesome! Love you!