Apparently, these are the kinds of squirrels we have living in our yard and I'm sure this is exactly what they do when we're not looking. Not only are they fighting with each other, they are stealing and ruining our Christmas lights! I'm dead serious. Much research has gone into figuring out why they're doing this (their incisor teeth continually grow and so they gnaw on things like this - still doesn't explain the stealing), but it is so disappointing. This is the first time we've hung Christmas lights outside and it looked fabulous - I loved the extra light and the fun feeling of Christmas exploding from our house. Just to make it more sad too, I never got a picture of the house all lit up either!This is what these little Christmas-spoilers have done! The day after we hung the lights:
(Luckily Ryan was able to remedy this fairly easily, but come on!)
Later we find strand after strand not working. Because of this:
Then this:
And, this:
They took the plug!! The actual plug!!
For a few weeks now, this is all we've had. Of the 1oo ft of lights - 5 stinkin' lights!
For a few weeks now, this is all we've had. Of the 1oo ft of lights - 5 stinkin' lights!
What nerds!


8 comments:
Sounds like you need a bb gun for Christmas next year. And some yummy squirrel stew!
Sounds like you have the craziest squirrels. You need a dog, they stay away from my house. Although they love to torment my dog, Molly.
I laughed right out loud!!! Love the picture of the squirrels and your play by play of their activities. I would KILL them all. You should put out alka-seltzer tablets for them...awful I know... animal lovers don't give me the stink eye!!! When it starts to get expensive it's time for them to go. If they react like birds it will make there stomachs exploid. I don't know what else you can do. Love you guys!
I am amazed at the overabundance of squirrels in Colorado. I don't know if Denver is anything like Fort Collins, but they are seriously everywhere all the time. Here's a funny squirrel joke- What's the difference between a rat and a squirrel? Squirrels are rats with good PR. (But I guess not anymore after the Christmas light stunt). That is sad but way funny.
That is so funny. Your poor lights. Have you seen any dead squirrels? I love the pic with light sabers. Love you guys!
I laughed so hard, I really thought you were making it up. I can't believe you have such CRAZY squirrels at your house. I totally think you need to take action next year. I love all the pics.
Omgosh, I so feel your pain! My squirrels haven't eaten my lights, but they're fond of gnawing on my siding! Even after we painted the stupid things got up and gnawed!!
And THEN I had squirrels move into my brand new cabin ceiling. They gnawed a hole INTO the house "back door". HATE THEM, they are EVIL! I may borrow the alka selzer idea, try that...but supposedly you can get Fox urine (I know, gross) and spray it around because that's a natural predator. I guess it really stinks though. :( Other thing I heard they don't like is strobe lights.
Good luck, and let me know if you come up with some good solutions.
That's pretty funny. Sad, but funny. Our squirrels take the kids' toys and hang them in the trees. We've found many a star wars character hanging from the branches. But lights? I don't get it.
Post a Comment