For the first time, we headed downtown to watch the Summer Scrimmage of the Denver Broncos.
We fought traffic and we fought the crowds. We sat as close as I’m sure we’ll ever sit there at the Stadium and watched the Broncos stretch, toss the ball, and then scrimmage. It was pretty neat. Although it was pretty hot, we had a great time hanging out with our friends and cheering the city’s beloved football team. (You really don’t want to mess with Bronco fans!)
I don’t claim to be a huge football fan, I prefer college football over the NFL, but I do know a few of the names. Like these two:
#18 Peyton Manning and retired Bronco, Ed McCaffrey - the one in the blue shirt centered below his name.
After the scrimmage the cheerleaders did their thing, then the Denver Thunderstorm came parachuting out of the plane. I’m glad the announcer warned us that they’d be entering the stadium at about 50-60 miles an hour because it looked like they were going to land right on us! Crazy fast. By the time I got a decent picture of one of them, they were almost on the ground.
You can barely see the parachute.
After Thunderstorm, everyone raced down for autographs. The kids loved it. We weren’t sure how many of them would actually get any, but they did just fine.


1 comment:
What an awesome experience!! I hope someday I can watch the Broncos play a game in their stadium.
Post a Comment