Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's That Time Again

Today, it's BACK TO SCHOOL and at a NEW school this year, too.

Miss Kaycee starts Kindergarten. Miss Rylee into grade 3. And, Clay man into grade 1.

So happy. They woke up extra early so they wouldn't miss this:


That's right folks! After three years of being the chauffeur, this beauty will take over.
I'll still have to pick up Kaycee at noon, but that's it.
I must admit though that I got a pretty good sized lump in my throat as I watched the kids leave.

We took the plunge and let them take the bus the VERY first day.
How can they be growing so fast?

Kids, have a great first day. I'll see you soon.

13 comments:

Lanette said...

I can almost feel that lump. Two more weeks for us. What do you mean by "new school?"

Unknown said...

You are all so awesome!!!!! Good luck on a new year at school! Summer never seems long enough. Love you All so very very much.

Charisse said...

So fun for your kids to take a bus. I can't believe school is starting this summer went by fast.Love you guys.

Danae said...

Wow! Crazy how grown up they all are! We'll have to have Kaycee over for lots of playdates since she and Hailey are at different schools! Cute first day pics!

katieo said...

If it makes you feel any better my kids LOVE the bus. I even with my motherly guilt offered to drive them and they flatly refused.

So fun. I hope they all have wonderful days and great teachers! Love the last picture.

Honey said...

Lanette, the kids are going to a new school this year. With the idea of flipping our house in a year or two (now over 2 years ago...), I kept the kids at their same school when we moved. Well, their school ended up being 1 of 2 in the district that closed, so now they go the school they're 'supposed' to.

Danae, yes! We'll definitely have to get the girls together.

Katie, I am ecstatic for the bus! They have a bunch of good friends that they'll get to ride with. I just wasn't sure about the first day. Ryan decided for us :) (and we had been over at the school yesterday for them to see their classrooms and meet their teachers). The only question now is, what will I do with all my time?!

Christina said...

You are not old enough to have three kids in school! They all look great - hope they have a wonderful first day.

Humphries said...

I had that lump in my throat today when I droped Joseph off and he told me go away mom school is just for me. I can't belive your three oldest are all in the same school this year and riding the bus! Hope everyone had a good first day.

Sarah said...

I thought your title was alluding to something else! I am so glad that we will not be the only ones sending a child on the bus the first day!

Debbie and Bobby said...

And so it begins! We don't start for a while. Part of me looks forward to it and part of me wants to slow down time. I'm grateful Liam has several members of our ward on his bus. The kids are so excited to start!

Debbie and Bobby said...

Are most kindergartens out there half day? Ours is ALL DAY! I'm struggling with that one...

Honey said...

Debbie, parents can choose full day or half day. You have to pay for full day though, unless you go to one of the (very few) schools that offer all day for free - not our school. I'm not sure we even have any in our district that do...

Good luck to you! Have a great rest of your summer!

The Henwood's said...

Such great posts! Wahoo on your 5K too! It was so great to see you guys-School starts tomorrow for us! All kids-all day! It'll be a little weird...Love you!