
I wish someone would have taken a picture of this, but one of the highlights (for me) of this Christmas was when me and my sisters (all but one) played some floor hockey. I found it interesting that this was the first time any of us had played (and we call ourselves Canadians!). We played Christmas Day at Dad's Stake Center. The teams were set up as the 3 "big girls," including Jeannie, Marcie and Patti, against the 3 "little girls." Which were Micki, me and Reecy. We first started out playing the length of the gym until we found ourselves so winded by the time someone scored the first goal, we decided to do the width of the gym. It was a great time. Here are some of the games highlights/awards:
Best defense: REECY (at one point she had "boxed out" Jeannie three times into the metal partition. Pays to have some bball skills!)
Best finger cruncher: HONEY (oops. I got Jeannie AND Marcie. Probably not the best defense eh?)
Best Slash: JEANNIE (yeah, right to my throat! I'm okay though, luckily it only slapped it)
Best wipe out: PATTI (fell when running without time to stop her face from hitting the floor. Ouch! But she jumped right up and started playing again - way to take one for your team Pats!)
Best offense: MARCIE (she was everywhere!)
Best Face-off person: MICKI (I think she got the ball every time she was up)
Most goals for the "little girls": REECY (she got three of the four)
Most goals for the "big girls": I'm not sure, but they beat us by two. (I hate losing!)
It was so much fun! And, what a great work out! They day after, Jeannie called over to mom's house as we were leaving to come back to Colorado and asked if I was sore. I told her I wasn't, but it wasn't until I had been driving for about 3 hours when I noticed my abs were sore and I had bruises on my hands from holding the hockey stick. I still have a bump and bruise on my shin, but all totally worth it!


3 comments:
So much fun! I realized a couple days later that I had a big dark bruise on my right knee...It must have hit too! And doing stairs hasn't been quite the same since...but it's getting there! Great polar bears!
That was so fun! I was telling Eric that we need to do that annually and have Mindy play too. Then we could work like a substitution thing, so we all get a little break. Man we should have all played hockey when we were little then we could have super skills!
That was so fun to watch. I'm sorry we didn't take pictures. You guys did great. We were really impressed. Thanks for doing the awards. Love you.
Post a Comment