
Last night, I attended an enrichment of another ward, a "baby shower." They had opened it up to the Stake and I was thrilled to be there. There were about 30 sisters there to learn about a non-profit organization here in Colorado called Warm Hearts, Warm Babies. This is a wonderful organization where they "provide clothing, blankets, and essential items to premature and newborn infants, and young children, in crisis, free of charge." They also provide little burial outfits for those little babies that don't make it. This organization is amazing! It first started out as a mother who had a baby very prematurely, that ending up passing away. They brought her her baby just on a silver tray. She was devastated at this presentation and vowed to not let this happen to anyone else. Can you image?!
As you can probably tell, this particular part of the organization touches my heart. Providing little burial outfits for these tiny (or not so tiny) babies, when the family perhaps has nothing. When we had baby Honey, she was so tiny, about the length of my hand, and although she was so tiny, her body was so perfect. It wasn't until a nurse came in with a little, pink crocheted blanket (just smaller than a wash cloth) with a little hood that tied with pink ribbon, that we knew what to bury Honey in. It was perfect! A week or so later, I found out that this ward (the one that put on the shower last night) were providing these little blankets/hoodies to hospitals in the area. I was so grateful!
It is so sad that there are so many needy babies here in Colorado and throughout the nation. But thankfully, Warm Hearts, Warm Babies with their hundreds of volunteers are there to support these families in need. What a wonderful organization! Last night, we had two long tables piled high and deep with baby accessories. What a wonderful way to help! It was so touching and truly an enriching activity.
http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/


4 comments:
What a sweet an amazing organization. It makes me teary eyed to think of all the people that help out in seemingly small ways, because it makes such a difference to the people in need of their services. Thanks for sharing.
Honey you brought me to tears. I love organizations like that. There were some volunteers when Blake was in the NICU that donated little hats and blankets. So sweet. Love you.
That's so great that you were able to be a part of that night. What a wonderful way to help people.
What a wonderful group. I'm so glad you got to be part of it. And what a touching entry. Thank you for writing it. We're so grateful to them for little Honey's outfit. I'm going to check out the website to see if they have it here. I would love to be involved with something like that. We love you and miss you and can hardly wait 'til Feb.
Post a Comment