Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We all do it....don't we??


So, I've wondered this for a while now. How many of you when you're reading someone's blog, click on their links to other people's blogs? You probably don't know who they are, but just for fun you click over. I do this all the time! I think I'm secretly hoping that I'll find a connection somewhere...that someone I know (or kind of know) knows someone I do or I stumble across someone's blog that I didn't even know had one. Does this make sense? We all do it, don't we?

Now, my next question. Assuming you're all like me, and randomly check other people's blogs, do you ever leave a comment? I do not. Sometimes, I want to because there is a connection, but I don't. They may not remember me, and I don't want to scare people. However, I would love whoever is reading my blog to leave a comment, I love comments!! Not necessarily random people per se, but those that share a connection some how. (A friend of a friend, or cousin of a friend or siblings in laws etc.)

So, if you're reading our blog and not leaving comments, I invite you to do so. I would love to know who's reading and checking in. (Watch, I just think people are reading and there are actually just a few of you...that's okay. I still appreciate you!)

11 comments:

Topsy said...

I went to a Boise friend's blog the other day and found several names that I recognized for families that I grew up with in Southern California. I haven't seen those families since I left for college adn it was so excited to see pictures of them all grown up and their families. It was the coolest thing I've found yet. Except for the time I thought my Okinawa friend had the same links as my Georgia friend. Thankfully I realized that I just mistakenly looked at the same list twice before I shot off emails and looked silly.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess I've been caught. Anecia and I grew up together. I love reading her blog. And I always click on the links she has on her site. But I never leave comments. I love hearing about your family and seeing the pictures.

Livingstone Family said...

Honey, I am the biggest BLOG stalker ever! I do NOT leave comments because I never want to fess up or sound crazy. Anyway, I just want to let you know that you are NOT alone!

Charisse said...

I read your blog. I love it! Love you guys!

Christina said...

You know I read your blog! I check the links on other people's blogs too!

Anonymous said...

I've been caught! Yes I read blogs - and I love yours! ;) Do you read mine?!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

"Siblings in-laws" I guess that means me??? It's not like I check yours ALL the time, but admittedly every now and again. How embarrassing! :) Your kids are adorable though and Jeannie always tells me how her siblings are doing...and afterall we shared one magical summer in 1993.

Degns Of Our Lives said...

OK, I am a total stranger!!! I am a good friend of Sarah E. I've been begging her to do a blog forever and I noticed you commented on her blog and so I clicked over...just being nosy. We went to high school together so you just figure you know everyone..but I don't. It also doesn't help that I live out of state. You can subscribe (totally free) to a sitemeter..these are awesome if you don't have one. It'll tell you who is coming to your site and where they are from. My personal favorite is sitemeter.com It'll walk you through the whole thing step-by-step. You can check it out on my site, Degns of our lives (linked from the Eastons). It's at the top left, mine has a counter of all the people that have come to my site. You probably already have. IF so, just igmore me. I enjoyed your beautiful layout. I wish I knew html and could design my own.

Anonymous said...

Sure, I will leave a comment for the first time. I am a friend of Marcie's and just love her/your family. I think I check out your blog to somehow keep up on the family in some sort of way. I happen to love the name Honey and positivly know if by some miracle I ever have another daughter, I would name her Honey. I swear I'm not a stalker. I very much enjoy yours and your husbands comments. I too love to scare my kids.. now they are scaring me back. not as funny somehow.

Alli said...

Hi Honey! Allison here, of "Ryan & Alli, Ryan being your cousin." I've been reading yours and your sister's and John's blogs this afternoon. It's been fun to see pictures of your families and is a lovely Sunday afternoon activity. Thanks for sharing with us! Maybe I'll even do a blog someday. . .

The Easton Family said...

yes, i am guilty as well. i'm jeannie easton, sarah and garrett eastons sister in law. i was spying on your cute blog (love the background paper by the way) when you caught me, so i thought i'd leave the message. cute idea! happy blogging...