Saturday night, Ryan spent a good deal of time in the kitchen with the kids preparing dinner. Not just any dinner either, but Ratatouille. (I hadn't even heard of this dish until the Disney movie came out.) Anyways, it is a beautiful dish with a fabulous medley of vegetables and was very tasty. My kids however, were a little wary of some of the vegetables, especially the sauteed eggplant. Watching them eat the meal (or not eat the meal) was very entertaining to me. I watched as Clay took a piece of zucchini and observed it on his fork. He then very slowly took and bite and said "Hmm, I wont be eating that for awhile!" It made me laugh. I chuckled again when Kaycee asked, holding a piece of squash "will you take the nuts out?" I had to give them credit though for at least trying the Ratatouille, so we all then enjoyed dessert. A mixed berry trifle. I love it when Ryan makes dinner!
Hello world!
3 years ago


5 comments:
That is hilarious! Props to your kids for trying the vegetables, Blake hates veggies and won't even attempt to eat them. Way to go Ryan in the kitchen, where did he get the recipe?
That's awesome. We made a dish like that once and it just about killed the kids. They love their vegetables fresh on a large appetizer plate. But don't do so well when I add them to the main dish. So the next time we tried the pasta dish we finely minced all the vegetables so small that they were just a part of the sauce and the kids couldn't see them enough to complain. Worked like a charm.
I've found I can hide all sorts of stuff in lasagna as long as it is finely finely minced.
Too cute! Lauren used to call seeds nuts too! They must be related :) I haven't even sat down to watch all of the movie Ross got us for Christmas...of course the kids have several times but I have yet to get all the way through. Do pass on the recipe Ry.
What a fun dinner. It sounds like Ryan is pretty gourmet. Sounds tasty.
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment