Thursday, January 10, 2008

O Christmas Tree (and decorations)


You want Christmas stuff? This is the best time to get it!

If you recall our post about our Christmas tree and how we are planning on getting new decorations for it, well I found them! I hopped over to Target and hoped they'd still have some nice decorations on clearance, and I found some lovely ones. These little pearly, silver balls along with some pearly, silver beaded garland with some silver, pearly elongated decorations with a blue strip winding down them. Can you see my color scheme here? I thought next Christmas, or perhaps throughout the year, I would find some pretty ribbon to decorate with it too. So pretty!

But why stop at just decorations? If you recall, half the lights on our little tree, were not working. So, I started looking for trees. Pre-lit trees. I looked online at Home Depot and Lowes and found that they indeed, had wonderful pre-lit trees for about $30. However, it wasn't until Ryan went to King Soopers, our grocery store, that he found a steal! It is a 7.5 ft. Alberta Spruce with 900 clear lights for only $20! A smashing deal! Not only do we get a "more sophisticated" LOOKING tree, but a fabulous PRE-LIT tree as well! I was so close to putting this new tree together and decorating it that night, but had to put everything else away first. I usually get sad when it's time to take down all the Christmas stuff, but I bought a huge storage tub (also on sale!) and was excited to see if everything would fit in it. I was tickled that everything did. Mind you, that huge storage tub and the tree, in it's box, are still sitting where the tree was, but I am so excited to see and decorate this new tree. We need to make sure the tree works right, right?

5 comments:

Charisse said...

How fun! Honey I would totally get that tree up and see if you have enough decorations for it, especially if you want them all to go together and for such a great deal!

coloradoeaston said...

I am in the same boat as you. All December I begged Garrett for a new tree. We held out and got a new one for 75% off. After Christmas Sales are the best!
Sarah

Topsy said...

WAy To Go! I'm a serious out of season shopper. It brings me to tears when I have to purchase a swim suit or winter boots in season because they are so reasonably priced right after. It is the only way to shop!

Maggie said...

I'd probably put the tree up too but maybe that's just a pain. If you do, be sure to post a picture of your lovely tree.

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

How exciting! What a score! I can hardly wait to see it up and decorated. Tubs are the greatest. We got a huge one this year for all our garland. It made it so easy to put away. Love you so much. (PS. Target had all their left over Christmas decorations, cards etc, for 90% off. It was great. Remember for next year.)