Saturday, February 28, 2009

Prayers for Gracie

I'm not sure if many of you remember my post from April 2008 about Sweet Baby Gracie (you can read it here). But, my heart is aching for her and her family. Just this month, Gracie had a heart transplant. While this was a miracle, her little body is rejecting the new heart. Doctors thought she would be a candidate for another procedure, but we've learned now that she isn't. Sweet Baby Gracie is fighting for her life and it brings me to tears! I thought I'd started following her story when she was 6 weeks old, but she was actually only 2 weeks old. What a journey! Her family continues to amaze me and I can only imagine their heartache right now. I know prayer is REAL. So real that it can feel tangible.

You can read for yourself what's going on with Gracie here.
Please offer a prayer for Gracie and her family.

Update: Sweet Baby Gracie has come full circle. Yesterday, her family said goodbye to her and she was taken off life support. Gracie wasn't in pain, but her little body was going through too much. Just as Gracie received a new heart, she now has the opportunity to share her organs with other little babies.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Gledhill family.
Thank you for sharing your Sweet Baby Gracie with so many.

4 comments:

Grandpa - Grandma Livingstone said...

It is so sad. Reecy has been sharing her story with me. I read your sweet post today on Gracies's website. We're fasting for her. Love you all soooooooooooo much.

The Henwood's said...

It makes my trials (and blogging) seem petty and insignificant. THank you for reminding me of her again.

Love you guys!

The Henwood's said...

It makes my trials (and blogging) seem petty and insignificant. THank you for reminding me of her again.

Love you guys!

Hilary and Evan Biddulph said...

WOW What a story. I think that family is amazing and so strong to go through something like that. My prayers and thoughts are with them. I am happy they know that they have an eternal family. What a touching story, that can hopefully heal some, make others stronger and help other's through their hard time.